Being a responsible host: Our commitment to our customers
At SKYCITY we take our responsibilities as a host very seriously. SKYCITY Hamilton's host responsibility programme (required by law) represents a new New Zealand, and international, standard in harm prevention and minimisation.
- Training for all staff in the responsible service of alcohol; for example:
- Intoxicated patrons will be excluded from entering the premises.
- Alcohol consumption will be monitored and controlled.
- Training for all staff in problem gambling awareness and the responsible provision of gambling, including taking all practicable steps to ensure that anyone under 20 years of age is not allowed in the gaming areas.
- Providing information about problem gambling and support for customers including helpline numbers.
- Self-identified exclusion for those wishing to control their gambling.
- Working closely with customers with gambling problems and their family members/whanau, and with problem gambling providers, to provide:
- Information about problem gambling and support for customers - including helpline numbers.
- Potential exclusion from SKYCITY.
- Taking all practicable steps to ensure children are not left unattended.
- Promoting a neat and tidy standard of dress.
- Promoting acceptable behaviour:
- Any person who is intoxicated, abusive or threatening to staff or other customers, causing conflict, or is otherwise unpleasant, may be escorted from the premises.
- Patrons detected loan sharking or begging will be required to leave SKYCITY.
- Working closely with problem gambling service providers, community service organisations, customers with gambling problems and their family members.
- Providing non-smoking areas in excess of or accordance with national or local legislation.
SKYCITY has a committed management team that ensures these initiatives are carried out at all SKYCITY sites.